EU/UK Residents Additional Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the EU/UK then you have additional privacy rights. Read about EU/UK Residents Privacy Rights.
California Residents Additional Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, you have additional privacy rights. Read about CA Residents Privacy Rights.
Colorado Residents Additional Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of Colorado, you have additional privacy rights. Read about CO Residents Privacy Rights.
Connecticut Residents Additional Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of Connecticut, you have additional privacy rights. Read about CT Residents Privacy Rights.
Virginia Residents Additional Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of Virginia, you have additional privacy rights. Read about VA Residents Privacy Rights.
Children Under the Age of 13
No one under age 13 may provide any information to or post any information on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (i) use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, (ii) create an account on the Site, (iii) make any purchases through the Site, (iv) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or (v) provide any information about yourself to us. If you are under 13 and interested in the Programs, please have your parent or guardian contact us on your behalf at email@example.com. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
To unsubscribe from marketing communications , email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect
Personal Data is any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. Your name, address, phone number and bank account number are examples of personal data. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We collect and store Personal Data from you in various ways, including when you visit the Site, create an account with us, apply for a Program, purchase products or services with your parent if you are under 18, use our Apps, answer surveys, upload or post to the Site, participate in our social media communities and when you send us feedback. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your age, and other demographic information.
When you provide Personal Data to us, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world. When you log-on to our websites or to our App(s), we automatically receive information from your device, including your IP address and location. We and our service providers may use “cookies” to keep, and sometimes track, information about you, and to create a personalized web experience. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device’s web browser. Cookies track where you travel on our Site and what you look at and purchase. You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain online products, services or features on the Site. We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags", "web beacons", "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to target our promotional or advertising campaigns and determine their effectiveness.
Information Provided from Other Sources
We may also obtain Personal Data about you from other Kaplan businesses, business partners, contractors, and other third parties. If your parent, school, employer or other third party purchases products on your behalf and for your use, or if an agent refers you to Kaplan, such third parties may provide us with Personal Data about you, including your first name, last name and email address.
How We Use Information
- For the purpose you provided Personal Data, for example to enroll you in one of the Programs or respond to a specific inquiry;
- To allow you access to the Programs in which you have enrolled and to post content and communicate with others;
- To customize and personalize your experience to you;
- To administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- To, where you have given your consent, if required by law:
--send you information about the Programs;
--send you information about the School’s other programs, including higher education programs;
--send you information about the Programs of our other university partners that may be of interest to you;
--send you information about Kaplan products and services that may be of interest to you;
--deliver advertising to you through our trusted third party service providers, such as Facebook Custom Audiences or other similar business tools;
- To better understand your needs and interests (i.e. surveys, research);
- To comply with our legal obligations or to enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Mobile Devices, Phone Calls and SMS: If you provide us with a telephone number when submitting a form, applying for a Program or while interacting with the Site and you affirmatively consent to be contacted at that number, we may contact you by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at such telephone number(s). Standard messaging, data and other fees may apply. You understand that this consent is not required to purchase products or services from us. If you do not wish to continue receiving SMS messages from us, you may stop messages by replying “STOP” to any message. You may also direct us to stop marketing to you by emailing us at email@example.com.
How We Share Information
Disclosure of Your Personal Data: We may share your Personal Data in the following limited circumstances:
- Parents/Guardians and Others Known to You: We may share your Personal Data with your parents/guardians. If payment for your Program was made by another third party, such as a grandparent, school, or sponsor, we may share your Personal Data with that third party as well. We may also share your Personal Data with others who you have specifically designated as authorized to receive information from us.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who are delivering services to us, including those who help deliver the Programs, help us process transactions, such as charging your credit card when you make purchases, and otherwise help us operate our business. These third parties are not authorized by us to use your Personal Data except in connection with providing services to us. We may disclose pseudonymous data (such as IP address or device ID) to third party attribution services who help us recognize you across the multiple devices you may use to interact with us.
- Legal Matters & Safety: We may disclose your Personal Data in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime.
- The Kaplan Family of Companies: We may share your Personal Data with other companies within the Kaplan family of companies.
- Sale or Transfer of our Assets: If we sell our company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your Personal Data to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Other Types of Data: We may disclose anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data to third parties.
Transfer of Data Outside of Your Home Country: Your Personal Data will be held in the United States. Your Personal Data may also be stored, processed and accessed in other countries where we have facilities or where you are located. You consent to the transfer of your Personal Data outside your country, including to the United States.
Third Party Websites and Links
We employ security measures to protect your information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. The Personal Data we obtain from students allows us to deliver smarter, more efficient and more effective instruction.
Your Ability to Choose
If you do not wish to continue receiving emails from us about the School’s Programs, you may unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails and following directions. If you do not wish to continue receiving SMS messages from us, you may stop messages by replying “STOP” to any message. You may also direct us to stop marketing to you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By mail: Kaplan Inc. 1515 W Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
By email: email@example.com
Rev. June 30, 2023